Welcome to the annual recap!
This has been a huge year for the Violet Femmes. Our little blog has grown by leaps and bounds—and a few of our Femmes saw their careers take off this year.
- Our biggest month, visitor-wise, was July, followed very closely by November.
- The post that received the most hits in one single day was our spotlight on the Timeless Scribes: Sisters Doin’ It For Themselves: Four NJRW Authors Form Their Own Publishing Company.
- The most popular post of the year was, In the Beginning: Tips on Starting Your Novel.
- Four Femmes had DEBUT releases this year: Diana Quincy published SEDUCING CHARLOTTE in April; RoseAnn DeFranco published RETURN TO AUDUBON SPRINGS in September; Maria K. Alexander published UNTANGLE MY HEART in November; and Michele Mannon published KNOCK OUT in December.
- One of the Femmes, Joanna Shupe, won RWA’s 2013 Golden Heart® for Best Historical Romance.
- Most of you found us via a Google search. Of the social media sites, Facebook continued to be the strongest referrer.
- We introduced a new feature, Femme Stalking, where we go fan girl on our favorite authors. Diana Quincy and Jenna Blue both stalked authors in 2013, and we look forward to more Femme Stalkings in 2014.
Happy 2014 to you and yours! We love our readers, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the fantastic support.